We have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care. We will update this page frequently, and would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
- Heartworm Society | Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- Heartworm Awareness by Merial/Heartguard | See an amazing video that depicts heartworm transmission and receive information on Heartgard.
- Behaviour Problems | Founded by Brian Kilcommons and Sharon Wilson, best-selling authors and recognized experts on animal training and behavior, this site is a terrific resource for advice on a variety of behavioral problems. If you want to learn more about feline house soiling, barking dogs, aggression, or any other behavioral problem, check this one out!
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service | The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal health related topics, including the latest news on such things as Mad Cow Diseases, foot and mouth disease, and many other things.
- Rainbow Bridge | Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members
- Gateway Pet Cremation Services | This website goes over all of the available options for pet cremation and memorials including urns, keepsakes, frames and pawprints to remember your loved one
- Companion Animal Parasite Council | The Companion Animal Parasite Council (CAPC) is a non-profit organization of veterinarians and parasitologists dedicated to protecting your family and your pets from parasites and zoonotic disease.
Travelling with Pets
The staff at West Brant Animal Hospital are not responsible for providing international importation paperwork, nor are they responsible for knowing the legal requirements for each country. It is your responsibility to reach out to the embassy of the country you are travelling to on what they require and bring the required paperwork to the appointment.
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) | The CVMA is the national voice for the veterinary profession dedicated to serving and representing the veterinarians of Canada. The Association is committed to excellence within the profession and to the well-being of animals. It shall promote public awareness of the contribution of animals and veterinarians to society
- Ontario Veterinary Medical Association (OVMA) | The OVMA is a professional association representing over 3,300 veterinarians in the Province of Ontario, working in private practice, government, academia, industry and public service.
- College of Veterinarians of Ontario (CVO) | The CVO regulates the practice of veterinary medicine in Ontario to protect the public interest. The CVO licenses veterinarians, inspects and accredits veterinary facilities and investigates complaints and concerns with veterinarians. The CVO also establishes and maintains standards of practice and disciplines veterinarians who are guilty of professional misconduct.
Referral centers are those that offer 24-hour emergency service as well as board certified specialists in a variety of fields including surgery, dermatology, cardiology, radiology, internal medicine, dentistry, theriogenology (reproduction) and behaviour. Your veterinarian can refer you to one of these centers should your pet require the care of a specialist.
- Ontario Veterinary College | The OVC is one of four veterinary schools across Canada. They are also a referral service where your pets can be seen by one of their board-certified specialists or for an emergency. The OVC has equipment that most private practices do not have including an MRI, an endoscope, fluoroscopy, and ultrasound. They are also able to perform specialized procedures such as orthopedic surgeries and skin allergy testing.
- Veterinary Emergency and Referral Clinic of Toronto (VEC)
Boarding Facilities and Trainers
The facilities listed are not affiliated by West Brant Animal Hospital, rather, they are facilities that are recommended by our clients
- Pet-D-Gree | Karen Clarkson offers grooming, boarding, obedience training, canine sports as well as alternative therapies including massage therapy and a canine pool/spa for rehabilitation located just west of Paris, Ontario
- McCann Professional Dog Training | A wide variety of obedience classes day or night as well as canine sports located in Ancaster, Ontario
- Brant County SPCA | The SPCA is dedicated to the protection and care of all animals in our community. We work to provide a healthy environment for the animals in our care and strive to find welcoming homes for our adoptive animals.