We are a fully equipped small animal hospital focused on providing the best possible experience for you and your pet. We offer a wide range of veterinary services to keep your companions feeling their best:
Wellness Examinations: We offer tailored vaccination programs, deworming, parasite prevention/control and required annual testing . All routine examinations include a complimentary nail trim.
- Heartworm testing begins April 15th of each year. The newest test also includes testing for 3 tick-borne pathogens. We now recommend that ALL dogs, even those who have received their prevention of choice from June to November of the previous year are tested every year, as well as continuing with annual testing for those dogs in high risk environments, dogs that have had missed doses or that are plagued by ticks.
Diagnostic and Therapeutic Services: Our hospital is equipped to provide diagnostic and therapeutic services to care for your pets' complete health care needs.
Surgical Services: Our state-of-the-art surgical suite provides for the performance of a wide variety of surgical procedures. Our surgery suite is equipped with a CO2 laser which is used for most of our surgeries. Have questions about surgery? Check out the Surgery FAQs
- All animals must be current on vaccinations, and have written proof, prior to surgery
- All animals must be off food or water by midnight the day before surgery
- All animals being admitted for surgery should arrive at the hospital between 8 - 8:30 the morning of surgery to be admitted by a veterinary technician - please allow 15 minutes of your time for this process. New clients/patients will also be seen by a veterinarian
- Surgeries take place on Monday to Friday, pets receiving major surgery, spays or declaws stay overnight after their procedures, pets can be picked up the following day after 9 AM
Anesthesia: We utilize the safest available anesthetics to provide an extra margin of safety, especially for our older or high-risk patients. Using the most modern equipment, the patient's vital signs are monitored during all anesthetic procedures. Pre-anesthetic bloodwork and is highly recommended for all patients and is offered as an option for routine surgeries of young patients. All patients will receive intravenous (IV) fluids included in the cost of their surgery.
PennHip, OFA and OVC Hip and Elblow Certification
Radiology consults: We offer in-hospital referrals to a board certified radiologist who performs cardiac and abdominal ultrasounds and helps us with the diagnosis of more complicated cases.
Radiology/Imaging Services: Our on-site, Digital X-ray equipment provides high quality radiographs to aid in the quick diagnosis of many disorders. We also offer basic ultrasound imaging including pregnancy diagnosis.
Dentistry: Our dental services include teeth cleaning and polishing, dental X-rays, tooth extractions and minor oral surgery.
Laboratory: Our in-house laboratory facilities provide for serum chemistry, hematology, serology, urinalysis and parasite testing. We also utilize commercial veterinary laboratories for specialized diagnostics and consultations.
Permanent identification: We offer microchip identification.
Pharmacy: We maintain a complete inventory of pharmaceuticals, vitamins, shampoos, flea and tick control products and heartworm preventatives to meet the needs of your pet. We also carry a full line of prescription diets.
Individualized Flea Control Programs: We develop programs for the specific needs of your pet and your own particular environmental situation. We will review with you the best ways to control fleas in your house, in your yard and on your pet.
Dietary Counseling: We will provide guidance regarding your pet's nutritional needs for each life stage, including dietary requirements for growth, weight maintenance and performance.
Behavioral Counseling: We can provide advice regarding the correction of problems such as excessive barking, chewing, spraying, scratching, digging, house soiling and aggression. We can also refer you to several behavioral experts and trainers in the Brantford and surrounding areas.
Bathing: Routine and therapeutic bathing services are available via West Brant SPAWS, which is a separate business located in our lower level. SPAWS is owned and operated by Jessica Madgwick and Mitch Hindermeir. They can be reached at 519-756-0729.
Emergency Care: Please call our main telephone number for instructions for after-hour emergencies. For after hours emergencies or inquiries of a serious nature, we recommend that you call Brant Norfolk Veterinary Clinic at 519-720-0753. BNVC is open and staffed during all of the hours that we are closed including holidays. If the matter is not urgent, a message can be left on our answering machine and calls will be returned the following day.